Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.
27991594

samsung galaxy s3 not registered on network family mobile

Customer Question

I have Walmart Family Mobile and have a Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S3 that I bought on Ebay. I've had the phone for a month and haven't had any problems. Yesterday I went out of town and my phone said that it didn't have service, that restricted access had changed, not able to connect to network. I thought that when I got back in town my service would be fine but my phone continues to do the same thing. When I put my SIM card into another phone it works fine. Another thing I have noticed is that when I search the network operators it will find Tmobile and ATT but not Family Mobile. When my SIM card is in the other phone and when I look at my husbands they both show Family Mobile I've spent all day trying everything I could find online to resolve the issue. I'm at a total loss and completely frustrated.

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer / Pearl.com. My name is Carl and will be your Expert today.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

I sincerely apologize that you have not been helped yet my friend. Sometimes the right Expert, with the experience to Answer your Question, isn't available at the time you originally posted your Question.

You maybe seeing that more information is required from you; This can be disregarded since my first post is just to see if you're still looking to receive help or not due to your long wait time.

I have read over your initial Question and you can simply reply with something like: "Please Continue to Answer my Question" or "Please Cancel at this point".

Thanks,
Carl Lindsey

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please continue to answer my question

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.

Hey Sherri,

What method of a Hard Reset did you perform exactly?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did the reset that I got from the settings area.

Samsung has checked the phone, everything is functioning properly.

I had someone put an at&t sim card in and it worked fine.

I've created a new APN with Family Mobile's information.

I'm at my whits end and about to ditch Family Mobile because they say that everything should be fine with it.

I also got a new sim card and that had no effect either.

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.

Ok, that's the correct one if it completely wiped the phone. A sim card will have the APN Settings for that particular Carrier so you shouldn't have to enter them in. This sounds almost plan related but it's hard to say. When you first got the phone, did you have to do anything other than insert the Sim Card?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I put it in and it worked fine.

What I'm confused about too is that Walmart Family Mobile clearly states that you can use any unlocked phone or Tmobile phone.

Last week Tmobile sent me the unlock code without any problems since I was with Tmobile before I switched to family mobile.

This week my husband called them since the unlock didn't work.They sent him an email saying that the phone isn't registered to the phone # and that they couldn't further help.

I took it into a Tmobile store to see if they might know what's going on.

They put a Tmobile card in and it didn't work either.

After an hour of dealing with it the rep finally got it to come up with unlock successful.

He didn't try a T mobile sim card after that, I think we were both too afraid to.

Since then I haven't done anything with it.

I got another sim card yesterday to have a fresh start with one now that it says unlocked. I haven't called to register it yet so I haven't tried it.

Since Walmart Family Mobile says that you can use any T mobile phone, should any of this ever happened?

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.

Ok, go ahead and register both the Card and the Phone's IMEI to their network and it should work after that.

Let me know if I can be of anymore help.

Thanks,

Carl Lindsey