Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My LG Thrive smart phone swipe screen to unlock wont work

Customer Question

My LG Thrive smart phone swipe screen to unlock won't work
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. How old is it? Is it responding to touch at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is less than 6 months old. I can't do anything without using the slide to unlock.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Does the screen do anything at all when you touch it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
I was afraid of that, these phones have a part in them called a digitizer. It is what allows the screen to respond to touch. If it fails the screen will no longer do anything when you touch it. This should be covered under the warranty since the phone is less than a year old. If you need any clarification on this or have any questions about it please let me know by clicking on reply to expert, if not please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that is how this site credits me for my time. Also please note you are rating my help only and not this site or your LG. I have no control over how LG manufacturers there devices or the device needing a new part. If for some reason you try to rate and you are not able to please let me know.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
I gave you all I could about your problem why did you ask for a refund? You do know that comes from my earnings and not the site correct? I have no control over your LG needing a new part and to be honest because of the fact i just worked for free most experts would not have answered you. Instead you would have waited for hours or even days. I hope you will reconsider as I am sure you do not like working for free. If you need any clarification on this or have any questions about it please let me know by clicking on reply to expert, if not please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that is how this site credits me for my time. Also please note you are rating my help only and not this site or your LG. I have no control over how LG manufacturers there devices or the device needing a new part. If for some reason you try to rate and you are not able to please let me know.