Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop

My Motorola Xoom will not power up. It has a full charge, as

My Motorola Xoom will not power up. It has a full charge, as indicated by the green light. I have tried pushing and holding the Power/Lock button while simultaneously pressing the volume up button and holding for 3 seconds. Still no effect.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome,

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your Android issues.

When did you have this problem?

Was the tablet dropped?

Do you see any lights when connect to charger?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The device has not been dropped. Until yesterday, it was functioning perfectly. This is a current problem. The device has a full charge, as indicated by the green LED light. I see this light after plugging it to the charger.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your info.

Please do the following steps:

Press and hold the Power button for 20 seconds.
Connect to power charger.
Press and HOLD Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time for 15 seconds.
Do you see any display?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

When and where did you buy your tablet? I am trying to see if your tablet is still in warranty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I bought it through Verizon Wireless about 2 years ago.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

IMPORTANT: Before we work on this question, please bookmark this page in case we got cut off, for revisits, and for reference. Windows: Ctrl + D to save to Favorites. Mac: click the + next to address bar or click Bookmarks->add to bookmarks. You can come back by going back to Favorites/Bookmarks and click on the saved link.

That means it is out of warranty. Since your issue is power related, we will have to open and reseat the battery. Remove the battery for 10 minutes. Put it back and try to turn on your tablet. See if it will turn on.

Click HERE for a video to show you how to remove the battery. You will need some philips screw drivers.

Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience: Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nick,

Thanks for your help. I took the battery out and back in and it now works. Thanks, again.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
You are welcomed.

Glad I could help. Thanks for your rating. Have a great day!