Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

I have locked my HTC Desire too many pattern attempts, wha

I have locked my HTC Desire 'too many pattern attempts', what ever I try it isn't working, please can you help
Welcome!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Before we start, please let me explain how this service works:
Electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

When you are satisfied or your problem has been solved, please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

•ANSWER•

If you have registered Google account on your phone, first try this. Enter the wrong unlock code 10 times until you are prompted with forgot password XXXXX the bottom right side of the screen. Tap on the Forgot Password XXXXX and you would be prompted to sign in with the existing Google or Gmail account information. You need to provide the ID when you first register or activated your phone. If you have that, it would be easy to get in for you and then change the unlock pattern.

If you are not prompted with forgot passwort option or your phone doesn't recognize your Google account the only way to unlock your phone by yourself will be to perform a factory/hard reset of the device.

Performing a hard reset will DELETE ALL DATA (including lost phone app and code) and reset the phone back to the state before you turned on the phone for the first time. Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your SD memory card, such as music or photos.

To perform factory/hard reset please follow those steps:
1. Turn the power off. Remove and replace battery.
2. Press and Hold the Volume Down and Power button at the same time.
3. When the start up screen show, release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "factory reset"
5. Confirm with the Power button.

Please note that this procedure require some practice.

If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is there anything else I can try before a hard reset, i have stuff i do not want to lose, please

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately there is no other way to unlock the phone. That's security feature that prevent others (lost or stolen phone) to use your personal data. Only factory reset can resolve this issue. There is one more option, to "flash" the phone (procedure that you will not be able to perform by yourself) but unfortunately that procedure will also delete data on your internal memory.

If you have created back up of your data on your Google account your data is safe.

If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service (very damaging for me). Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button.

Thanks!