BeBoo
BeBoo, Customer Service
Experience:  Android programmer and system administrator for law firm utilizing Android devices
12024030

I cannot pair my Plantronics Bluetooth to my new Galaxy S3.

I cannot pair my Plantronics Bluetooth to my new Galaxy S3. Are there limited devices that are compatible with the phone?

BeBoo :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to assist you with your issue today. Please note that I am in eastern time (UTC -5:00) and am generally online between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM and some evenings between 7 PM and 11 PM.

BeBoo :

Most devices should work. What are you having trouble with? Are you putting the Plantronics into pairing mode and adding it from the phone? Are you using the correct PIN (if any)?

Customer:

Yes and yes. I turned the bluetooth function on the phone on and then turned on the bluetooth but the phone says there are no devices available.

BeBoo :

Ok, What modem Plantronics are you using?

BeBoo :

model*

Customer:

its similar to the discovery 975. i don't have the package anymore and its a few years old.

Customer:

i just looked on the website - its the discovery 925. but the plantronics website doesn't show pairing information for the galaxy s3

BeBoo :

Ok, are you familiar with how to put the Plantronics into pairing mode?

BeBoo :

Begin with the headset turned off. Press and hold the call button until the headset begins to flash blue and red. It should now appear on your phone for pairing.

Customer:

yes, and now it worked. i guess i don't need your help after all. thanks.

BeBoo :

No problem. Please be sure to rate the service you received today. Have a great rest of your day.