Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

Im locked out of my Android Samsung Galaxy S2 due to too many

I'm locked out of my Android Samsung Galaxy S2 due to too many wrong pattern attempts while a child was playing with my cell :/ now its saying I can only access my cell with my google account. Which would be fine except i couldn't remember my password. So using a laptop, Ive changed my password XXXXX its still not accepting it on my phone.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not the site itself, or your frustration with your device.

Unfortunately you will have to perform a reset of the device Yell. This is the only way to get access to the device again since its not taking your new password, but its not as bad as it sounds.

As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again as long as you sign in with the same Google/Gmail account (as long as they were synced previously). Any apps you have paid for, you can get back after you reset the device by opening the Play Store, pressing Menu on the phone and choosing "My Apps".

As far as any data that is stored on the SD Card(images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.

To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions:

1. Remove the battery.
  2. Replace the battery but do not power the device on.
  3. Hold down the Volume UP and Home buttons then press the Power button. Hold the Power button until you see the Samsung Logo and then release the buttons.
  4. Your phone will boot into hboot mode.
  5. Follow the instructions on screen to navigate through the options.
  6. Choose Wipe Data / Factory Reset
  7. Confirm your choice
  8. After it completes, choose reboot system now