Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

Phone says SD card blank or has unsupported file system

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome,

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your Android issues.

IMPORTANT: Before we work on this question, please bookmark this page in case we got cut off, for revisits, and for reference. Windows: Ctrl + D to save to Favorites. You can come back by going back to Favorites/Bookmarks and click on the saved link.

What is your phone make and model?

When did you have this problem?

Is your computer be able to use the SD card? Try to copy some files over to your SD card.

Do you have another phone to test the SD card? Or another SD card to test with your phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Samsung Galaxy Ace.

It started 2 days ago.

No, put card into card reader, computer assigns it a drive letter but then if you click on it computer gives message 'Please insert a disk into drive F:'.

SD card does not work in other phone. Different SD card works in phone.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Malcolm for your info and reply.

That means the SD card is no longer working. It has hardware or needs a low-level (manufacture format). This is a VERY COMMON issue with SD cards. If you bought the SD card less than a year, you can get a replacement by calling the manufacture support.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE ONLY RATE MY ANSWER WHEN YOU ARE DONE OR 100% SATISFIED. And remember that YOU ARE RATING MY HELP/SERVICE and not site-issues or the outcome of this question. If my answer worked, please rate 3 or more rating so I can get credit.

If you have any questions or concerns, DO NOT RATE YET! Please reply to me by click on the REPLY TO EXPERT button. You will be able to work with me and resolve your issue.

Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'd already figured out it was the SD card. It's not the card but the information I want. I want to get some picture off it. How can I recover the pictures? Can I select the format option and then use some software to recover the pictures? Are there other options?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Malcolm,

To recover the pictures on your SD card, you can try Recuva. It is a FREE data recovery program. Click HERE to download and install it. Run it while connecting your SD card to computer.

Please let me know if this software could help out. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, when I select the F drive (The drive of the card reader) I get the message 'The parameter is incorrect'. I don't know if this is because it cannot read the F drive or because of the original issue or because there are no deleted files. As far has I know the files have never been deleted. The card just stopped work in the phone with the message in my first post. Do I need to format the card so that there are deleted file to recover?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.

If that does not work, you will need to use Virtuallab. It is PAID program based on quota (amount of data you want to recover). However it is a great program. Please click HERE to download and run test to see if the program can see your Flash drive and run the recovery process.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It cannot see the F drive so therefore I cannot run the recovery process.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Malcolm.

The next step is to go to or call your local Data Recovery Experts and ask if they can help. They have the commercial tools which have better chance recovering these types of hardware malfunction. However, the fees are quite expensive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Any other idea's or advice? The pictures are important but data recovery is expensive.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Malcolm,

I do Data Recovery software wise and working with Commercial Data Recovery entities so I am very familiar with this process. In your case, they are your last stop.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience: Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop