Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

why does samsung infuse keep rebooting? it will automatically

why does samsung infuse keep rebooting? it will automatically shut down even after restarting seconds before and lose signal. A soft reset by taking out battery only lasts for a few minutes. No facebook or twitter on phone. HELP!!!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome,

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your Android issues.

When did you have this problem?

Did you update the phone's software or installed any apps BEFORE this problem started?

Please do a quick reset on your phone as follow:

1. Remove battery and put it back.
  2. Turn on your phone.
  3. Go to Settings
  4. Select Applications-> Manage Applications-> All
  5. Select Media Storage
  6. Select Force Stop and Clear Data
  7. Go back to ALL and select Google Services Framework
  8. Select Clear Data.
  9. Turn your device off and back on.
  10. Test your phone to see if it will work properly.

Please let me know if this method worked out or not. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nick and thank you for your response. Will this wipe out all my pictures, messages, etc?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
No, this is for reset the settings only.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

okay, let me try. I'll respond in a moment.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay. I've done all this. The phone turned on and emitted about 6 loud beeps. No signal is on the phone. I used the task killer to safely close all the running apps.

Now I have a signal....what if this keeps happening? is this a routine I should go through every day?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
That's great!

If this keeps happening, you might want to reset your device to factory settings. Note: This will wiped your data out so please back up your CONTACTS, TEXT MESSAGES, and DATA (PHOTOS, MUSIC, VIDEOS, and FILES) to microSD card or connect to your computer and transfer them out. Then proceed as following:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Privacy
  3. Select Factory data reset
  4. Select Reset phone
  5. Select Erase everything
  6. Your device will reset which will take about 2-3 minutes.
  7. Set it up again and test your issue.

Here are the steps to backup your Contacts to SD:

To export:

1. Go to Contacts.
  2. Tap Menu menu and select Import/Export
  3. Select Export to SD card. Your contacts will copied to SD under a vcf file.

To import:

1. Go to Contacts.
  3. SElect Import from SD card. Your contacts will be imported from SD file.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE ONLY RATE MY ANSWER WHEN YOU ARE DONE OR 100% SATISFIED. And remember that YOU ARE RATING MY HELP/SERVICE, not site-related issues or the outcome of this question. Please rate my answer 3 rating or higher so I can get credit.

If my answer did not work or you have any questions or concerns, DO NOT RATE YET and please reply to me via the Reply To Expert button. Reply with your status/update and I will be happy to continue further.

Thank you,

Nick

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay Nick. I don't know anything (yet) about transferring the data or SD card ... I'm not very 'techy'. or how to get it all back on the phone once it's been transferred providing that I have to do a factory reset? Can I get all that info online?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Uh oh.....none of my contacts is showing up! the screen is blank !!

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Your contacts are not there?

Can you check your files, photos, and pictures?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I restarted the phone (to be on the safe side) and I got signal bars this time. Also, it looks like the Sync started up ....BUT the contacts aren't showing up, but the gallery is okay. When I check the phone log, the previous calls are all there. When I start to manually type in a tele #, then a 'list' of the contacts that fall within the beginning area code will populate on the keypad side but again, not on the contact side. :(

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.

Where do you have your contacts? SIM card, Google Contacts, or on the phone (added manually)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't have anything stored on SIM card. I have gmail so the contacts are there except a couple of recent contacts that I added manually to the phone...and, I don't have a signal now. should I do a soft reset by taking out the battery?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay, I just went through all the steps and the phone emitted several high pitched beeps, the phone looks like it's syncing (why don't the manual entries on the contacts sync?) I have 2 bars but still no contact list. :(

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My contact list just repopulated. The "H" lit up (4G services??) and the list is there.

Nick, do you think I'm going to have to keep resetting the phone like this? I'm willing to wait a bit to see if it acts up again but seriously, this is a huge issue with this phone. Everyone needs to have a working phone and this is my only phone...no home #. I've never had such an issue before. Geez.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay.

I recommend to keep your phone like this. Please bookmark this page. Save to your Favorites or Bookmarks so you can return and ask me more question if your phone acts up again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

okay I will. Thank you nick.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcomed Lorri.

I saw that you opened a new question. Please rate this answer so I can get credit.

For the factory reset, you can do a later time if your phone acts up. Since your contacts are on Google contacts, you do no have to worry. After the reset, you can always log into your Google account and your contacts should sync.

Come back to ask me follow-up questions at FREE of charge.

Thanks and have a great day!
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience: Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop