Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

is there any way to retrieve lost contacts from my samsung

is there any way to retrieve lost contacts from my samsung galaxy s2? it rebooted without my asking it to and asked me to reset all parameters.. all my apps were kept, but all my texts, contacts (from sim and phone) are lost, as is the entries in my calendar. help?
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved ! Please Remember that when you are asked to rate my answer, you are rating My Service and not the site itself, or your frustration with your device.

Ok, there are a couple things you can try. Its not guaranteed that you can recover it - however there are a few options.

First and foremost, make sure its actually totally deleted. You can do this by installing a free app called GO Contacts EX, which when opened for the first time will scan your entire system for contacts. If its just hidden, it will appear in this app and you can fix it then.

If it doesnt show up - then your last chance is the fact that Google should have it synced. Open gmail.com on your PC and sign in with the same Google Account that is on your Android. Under the Google Logo, it will say Gmail, click that and you will see a menu - choose contacts. Now you will see a "more" button - click it and choose to restore contacts. Choose to restore it back 7 days and see if it restores your deleted contact.

If that doesnt work, then unfortunately the contact is gone for good ;\
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so I tried the go contacts ex, and it came up with seven phone numbers and all my e-mail contacts.. the phone is already connected to my gmail-account, but no contacts appear. I guess they are just lost in Limbo or something.. so much for having a "smart" phone.. it shall hereforth be known as a nuisance!

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX have rated your answer :)

Did you check your Google account to see if your contacts are synced there? ( Open gmail.com on your PC and sign in with the same Google Account that is on your Android. Under the Google Logo, it will say Gmail, click that and you will see a menu - choose contacts.)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, I've checked it, and all I found was seven numbers.. and all my email-contacts.. even when I restored contacts. it was like I never synced it! very weird... but at least I know I tried what I could to retrieve them..

Ok Mariann, I just wanted to check and make sure you looked

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks :) I really appreciate your trying to help! I would not have found even the seven I got back if not :)

Have a great day Mariann - if you have any follow up questions about anything, just reply to me and let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks :) you too! I'll keep you in mind if my phone crashes again, but hopefully I won't need you ;)

Hopefully you wont need me - but if you do (for anything Android related) I am here

Register Here
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks :) you have no idea how much I appreciate it :)

No problem Mariann, no problem.