derrickonline
derrickonline, Info. Tech. Mgr.
Experience:  Extensive experience with Android tablets, and phones.
22792886

How do I get stuff on my Samsung Galaxy S3 google calendar

How do I get stuff on my Samsung Galaxy S3 google calendar onto google calendar on my computer?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  derrickonline replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay, I was off earlier than usual yesterday. You need to ensure a few things.

1. Ensure you have your Google Account set to also sync your calendar.

- SETTINGS

- ACCOUNTS & SYNC

- Tap GOOGLE account

- Make sure Calendar is set to sync.

2. You need to make sure when you create an EVENT on your CALENDAR that you specify which calendar you want it to sync with.

For example, your S3 has two calendars. A local Samsung GS3 calendar, and your Google Calendar.

When you add an event, you must make sure you select GOOGLE CALENDAR to ensure that it sync with your Google Calendar.

You should see this option somewhere when you're creating the calendar event/reminder. There will be a calendar set as most likely your S3 calendar, be sure to tap or drop down that item and select GOOGLE CALENDAR.

Hope that makes sense.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think everything is set correctly, but I'm not sure if the calendar on my phone is Google or Samsung. How do I tell?

Susan:

I'm not sure I understand you. Essentially you have two calendars on your phone, a Google and a Samsung.

If you're looking a month view for a example, and/or a day view, week view, etc. The different calendars are integrated into one. The way you distinguish between a Google appointment/calendar entry, and a Samsung would be the color.

If you've been creating all Samsung calendar events or all Google events then you'd only see one color.

Pick something you schedule/calendar. Tap it, select edit, at the top there should be an indication that it's on your Samung calendar or Google (maybe represented by your email address).

I hope this is making sense.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I see the different colors. I clicked on an appt. I put on my phone and tried to sync but it didn't come up.Then I got a message that says "Google Calendar cannot sync with Samsung Kies. Use My Calendar to syn with Kies"

That seems to be the issue, we're not trying to sync (or at least you shouldn't be trying to sync) through Samsung Kies. You don't need to have your phone connected to your computer to sync from your phone to your Google calendar, this is done over the air.

As long as you're adding an appointment (new event) then you select Google Calendar as the calendar you wish it to be on/sync too, it will sync with Google.

You may need to give it a minute, or you may need to refresh the calendar on your computer (i.e. Google Calendar website) to see the changes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

TA DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so good!! It worked. Thanks so much.

Woo hoo! I was starting to worry that my instructions weren't making sense, this stuff can get complicated when you're trying to assist someone over a computer with just text. But I'm glad you got it Susan, and I also thank you for visiting me directly. I love having regular customers. You should also know I'm an expert in the Android, Computers, Networking, and Cell Phones categories!
derrickonline, Info. Tech. Mgr.
Experience: Extensive experience with Android tablets, and phones.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good to know. Thanks again.

Sealed