derrickonline
derrickonline , Info. Tech. Mgr.
Experience:  Extensive experience with Android tablets, and phones.
22792886

I think my phone has a bug. Along the top, there is a light

Customer Question

I think my phone has a bug. Along the top, there is a light gray bar that overlays the notifications bar... it says:

P: 0/1 dX: 7.4 dY: 110.5 Xv: 1.174 Yv: 0.781 Prs: 0.07 Size 0.0

This appears to be some data about location; when I move to a different screen, the numbers for X/Y change.

In addition, when I touch the screen, crosshairs show up and their intersection indicates the location of my finger; and when I swipe the screen, a one-pixel line is drawn on the screen as if my Droid has become an Etch-a-Sketch.

What's the problem, and how can I fix it?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  derrickonline replied 4 years ago.

I'd be more than happy to assist you. This actually sounds like a corrupt software issue. The only option I can suggest would be to factory reset (also known as a hard reset) remove your Droid to new condition.

Be aware that a factory reset will remove contacts, apps, photos, etc and return your phone to new condition using the recovery partition to re-install your Android OS.

If you'd like to proceed, please provide me with the brand and model of your phone and I will provide instructions. Thank you.