fbox
fbox , Engineer
Experience:  Experience in game, phone, android development and usage.
43327059

Kies cannot find Outlook files, get unknown error message

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  fbox replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is Frederick and I am here to assist you today.

Can get difficult with an unknown error message. Here though try this for me.

Restart your computer and make sure the phone is set up in usb pc studio mode from the usb options given once its plugged into the phone.

Make sure kies recognizes your phone is there then try another outlook sync, but do me a favor and ENSURE OUTLOOK IS CLOSED WHEN SYNCING, before even attempting to open kies make sure your outlook is fully closed. This means completely, no outlook symbol on your taskbar(bar at bottom of the screen). Check your processes to ensure no outlooks are open, just press ctrl + shift + esc..

Let me know how that works for you.

If not let me know exact model of your phone, I know a samsung but what version. Also exactly what is your operating system and version of outlook. Is your phone recognized by the computer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, I have resolved the problem by upgrading Outlook to 2010, it now works fine, just a pity I had to spend extra £100 to get it. George
Expert:  fbox replied 4 years ago.
That is good to know, thank you for informing me. That would definately help with the problem, was trying to help you get it working without having to spend money.

Glad you have got it working though, let me know if you need any other assistance.