Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

Hi, how do I change the woman voice to a man voice in translation

Customer Question

Hi, how do I change the woman voice to a man voice in translation app. Section
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved ! Please Remember that when you are asked to rate my answer, you are rating My Service and not the site itself, or your frustration with your device.

Which specific translation app are you using? There are quite a few - can you tell me the name of the app please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanksfor the help. I am using the sign that just looks like: Word `A` Translate word at the bottom of it and there is a square with Chinese writing in it. And I am using Tablet I-pad 10.1 Samsung
Underneath the icon of the app, whats the name it displays?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just letter A in a blue square and word translate underneath it.

Ok, you are using the Google Translate App (probably the best one in the world). As of right now though, the only Voice it uses is its female voice. The reason being, is that they have been working on her for a few years - to be the most "human" sounding voice of any TTS Engine on any device. Later this year, they will be updating the TTS Engine in all Android devices and adding a Male version, as well as a Man/Woman with an "English" accent.

However, as of right now - the only voice for the Translate app is female.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please remember I am only credited for my answer if you rate me with "Ok Service" or higher. You are rating My Service - not this website or the quality of your device. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile, please use the blue continue the conversation link instead - and tell me what else I can do for you to improve my rating.
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Man you did great brother, but my problem is not solved. but I give you an excellent rating.
I wish there was a way to change it, but I will be more than happy to answer any follow up questions you have - since we weren't able to actually change the voice!

Feel free to reply to me if you ever have another Android question and I will answer it to make sure you get your monies worth

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
.