Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop

What is the DM Command Service on HTC Android phones? t

What is the DM Command Service on HTC Android phones?

thanks,

Lloyd
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 1 year ago.

Waitongu2 :

Hello

Waitongu2 :

are you trying to get to DM or disable it?

Waitongu2 :

dial ##3424# hit menu then enable then restart and check again if it pops up. to disable, dial ##3424# XXXXX hit menu then disable then restart and check again if it pops up.

Waitongu2 :

please let me know how this goes.

Customer:

Before I do anything, I would like to know what DM is and what it does..

Waitongu2 :

What do you intend to do?

Waitongu2 :

DM is the device manager

Customer:

I am trying to learn what the device manager does and how to use it.

Waitongu2 :

It is the interpreter between the Hardware anf the software/OS for the various devices on the phone. for instance the USB port and camera, Mic, bluetooth adapter etc.

Waitongu2, Technician
Experience: Member xda dev Samsung forums, owner 2 Galaxy S Gingerbread Root.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome,

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your Android issues.

Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see the three image DM display come up on the screen occasionally especially when re-booting. Do I need to do anything? Are there modifications available to me than can enhance performance, etc?
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Lloyd,

What is your HTC phone model?

When did you have this pop up?

And did you root your phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an EVO 4G. It shows up when I re-install the battery. What is rooting?
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

Rooting is like jail-breaking for iphone.

If you shutdown your phone and turn it back on, will you see the message come up again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please don't use any iphone analogies as I know nothing about them. By shut down do you mean turn off or remove the battery? I just removed battery and re-installed and the message and image came up.

Do I do anything with this or just leave it alone? Are there optional settings for the DM?
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

You can try to close it. Please press Menu button and select Disable.

Can you please try that and let me know if it will close?
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience: Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see no disable choice from the menu button. Why would I want to disable it? I would still like to know if I need to do anything with it or leave it alone. Can you steer me to a web manual that will explain this thing?
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

If you are not familiar with Android system, you should leave it alone. This DM command service is for changing and testing the settings of the phone's functions such as Camera, Bluetooth, Wireless, etc...

This is a developer internal tool. Let me see if I can find any manual or instructions page.

By the way, your phone is in Diagnostic Mode. That what DM stands for.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
I still cannot find any manual on Diagnostic Mode.

Let me dig some more to see if I can find any websites talking about this DM command service.