Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

Dont know password. How can I unlock tablet

Don't know password. How can I unlock tablet
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Please rate my answer quality on the service that I provide. Let's get started!

Which tablet is this for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved ! Please Remember that when you are asked to rate my answer, you are rating My Service and not the site itself, or your frustration with your device.

I apologize for your previous expert opting out of helping you. He did so as the answer for you is actually bad news. As I give you the answer, PLEASE remember that when you are asked to rate my answer - you are rating MY SERVICE and not your tablet or your frustration with it or the company who made it.

I know this isn't going to be the answer you want to hear and its certainly not what I want to tell you, but the truth none the less so I feel obligated to tell you and not give you false hope.

In almost all cases like this, we have a couple options that are included as safety nets for Android Devices. When an Android Device is locked out, wont work correctly, or wont boot, there is something called a Recovery Partition that we can boot into that offers us a few choices including a reset of the device. All Google Experience Devices, that are licensed to be true Android Tablets are required to have this Recovery Image present on all models. Here in-lies the problem. Your model tablet is not a Google Experience Licensed Device.

When an Android device wont boot or run correctly, there is two ways to resolve this. One, is to use the Recovery Image which we have already established your device doesnt have. The second, is more complicated as it involves flashing new firmware to the device. However, this again is a problem for your specific model as the manufacturer has not made the firmware available to anyone, so it is not possible for myself or you to flash it.

Unfortunately, when it comes to an unlicensed device such as the one you are using, when it unresponsive, or just plain wont work right, your only option is to contact the seller immediately and request a refund or an exchange. If you purchased this from any type of reputable dealer this process will be easy and you will not have any problems getting a new one.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please remember I am only credited for my answer if you rate me with "Ok Service" or higher. You are rating My Service - not this website or the quality of your device. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile, please use the blue continue the conversation link instead - and tell me what else I can do for you to improve my rating.
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team