Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

I forgot my security unlock password XXXXX my Asus eee pad Transformer 1

Customer Question

I forgot my security unlock password XXXXX my Asus eee pad Transformer 101. How can I get it unlocked without losing existing data?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  compuanswers replied 2 years ago.

compuanswers :

Please tell me if you forgot your windows password XXXXX your google password. Thanks.

Customer :

The password XXXXX have forgotten is to the security lock of my Asus eee pad Transformer 101.

Customer :
Customer :

I get stressed out kind of easy (Due to PTSD). I haven't got any help in 24 hours, which may not be all your fault, but I need to get this resolved tonight or thurn to another so urce. I know my Google password, but I do not get the box directing me back to google once I have failed a number of times to enter the right password. It simply tells me to wait for 30 seconds, then try again. I What cna You do to help me.

Customer :
compuanswers :

I understand and I'm sorry because I'll opt out to allow another Expert can assist you on this.

Customer :

7:13 PM

7:29 PM

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I need to know how to unlock my Asus eee pad TF101
I set a security code to it and cannot remember the code. I have repeatedly entered codes because I was told I would get a box that guided me to my google account to unlock it. I have been working on this for several days and am very frustrated. Please guide me out of this situation or provide me with a refund.

Jim (vetpadre@GMAIL.COM)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry to rate your service as bad, but it has been a series of misques and I haven't even had the information to try to unlock this TF101 Asus eee pad. If you do have further information and help you can share, I would be happy to try it. The message I got was that you withdrew.

Jim

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jim and welcome,

My name is Nick. I will assist you with your Android issues.

Please try the password 10-15 times. After waiting, try again. See if you will get the Forgot password button or the Too many patterns entered screen. If you do, use your Google/Gmail address and password to unlock your Asus tablet.

If not, we have to reset the tablet back to factory settings. You will lose your data on the tablet.

Please let me know how it went. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will be in great pain if I have to loose all of the photos, videos, and files from my android. I have done as many as 30 repeats (5 at a time), and have not seen the "Forgot Password" box yet. Is this a malfunction of the machine. Is theire really nothing else to do but lose all of my data? I even connected it to my laptop to try a file transfer, but came up empty.

Jim

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jim.

If your tablet is connected to wifi, your tablet will prompt for Forgot password button or Too many patterns entered.

Please try more until you get the screen. If not, Factory Reset seems to be the way to regain access to your tablet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have still had no success in opening my Asus. Why can't I get the me ssage from Google. What would prevent this. If you can't help me, can you guide me to where to turn to? I am away from home until next week. I am hoping you can still help me. Could someone at Google be of help? I can't believe there is nothing I can do. I will ultimately raise the rating so that you get credit. Please be patient with me and continue to try to help. If I get on and don't lose my content, I will show my appreciation, believe me!

Jim Cloyd

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Jim,

Do you have the tablet with you? We can do a factory reset and you will be able to use the tablet again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. I surrender, Nick. I guess we'll have to go with a factory reset. Please respond.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Jim,

Please do the following steps to reset your tablet:

1. Power the Eee Pad off. Press and hold Power button until the tablet turns off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
  3. Continue to hold both buttons until a bootloader screen appears.
  4. Wait for the prompt that says to “Press <VOL_UP>” then press the Volume Up button to start the process.
  5. The Asus Eee Pad will complete the hard reset process and reboot into a factory default state.
  6. You can now setup your tablet and access it again.

Please let me know if this answer will work out. If not, PLEASE DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER YET! Reply to me by clicking on the Reply to Expert button so we can continue to work on this issue. Thank you!