Nick H.
Nick H. , Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

Nexus 7 battery charging. The quick start guide advised charging

Nexus 7 battery charging. The quick start guide advised charging battery as soon as could be. That is the first thing I did but how to tell it is fully charged - no indicator,no message appeared.Allowed connection to charge all night but the message was that the battery was low. Question - how many hours to be fully charged.
Donald Waugh
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Hi Donald and welcomed to JustAnswer.com,

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your Android issues.

Regarding your Nexus 7, it will take about 4-6 hours to fully charge the tablet. Please try to connect your tablet to computer or use another micro USB charger to charger your tablet. See if the battery will move after an hour.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Nick,
used the equipment provided to charge OVRENIGHT but when switched on the next morning the battery was said to be low, about 14%
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Donald,

Do you have the tablet and the power charger with you now?

If yes, please plug into a power plug and connect your Nexus 7 tablet. Does the tablet show charging? If yes, please wait for 10-15 minutes to see if it will show a larger %.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes ,the device is with me still connected to a power socket to which I left it for another 3 hours (had to go out). There is no battery sign until pressing the small ON button which opens at the WiFi screen where a very small battery sign appears with a RED line beneath it. Does this indicate fully charged battery?
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Donald,

Does your battery indicate more than 14% now than yesterday?
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Donald,

Did your tablet start to take charge?

If not, this could be a battery problem with your tablet. Please call Google Support at 1-855-836-3987 so they can send you a replacement or arrange for a repair.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!

IMPORTANT: PLEASE ONLY RATE MY ANSWER WHEN YOU ARE DONE OR 100% SATISFIED. And remember that YOU ARE RATING MY HELP/SERVICE.

If my answer did not work or you have any questions or concerns, DO NOT RATE YET and please reply to me via the Reply To Expert or Continue Conversation button. Reply with your status/update and I will be happy to continue further.

Thank you,

Nick