Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

how do i copy an update package to the image directory of my

Customer Question

how do i copy an update package to the image directory of my storage card?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Eric and I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
! Please Remember that when you are asked to rate my answer, you are rating My Service and not the site itself, or your frustration with your device.

Can you please tell me exactly what you are trying to do. I only ask, because as an Android Developer - you're question isn't quite making sense to me, so I think maybe you are using some terms wrong or someone gave you some bad information.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well ive been trying to make all apps and stored memory download strait to my sd card and the phone stated to go to system updates and when i did it said to "copy update package to image directory and then click ok button" and i have no idea what im suppose to be doing with this.

Ok, so basically you just want your Apps on your SD card and not your Internal memory, correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes thats right! so how do i do this?

Register Here

Download a free app from the Play Store called "App 2 Sd". When you run the app, it will let you "batch" move all the apps to the SD card that are eligible to be moved. This will clear up the most memory and resolve the issue.

(choose "move all" to make life easy for yourself - it will open the screen where you can tap on "move to SD" for each app instead of doing it manually like below - after it moves, press the "back button" and it opens the next app.)

Alternatively, if you want to move the apps one by one manually do this:
  1. Open the Settings App
  2. Choose Applications
  3. Choose Manage Applications
  4. Tap on the app you want to move
  5. Choose "Move to SD"
  6. Repeat for any apps you want to move, but do NOT move Live Wallpapers as they wont work anymore if you do(you can just move them back though).

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please remember I am only credited for my answer if you rate me with "Ok Service" or higher. You are rating My Service - not this website or the quality of your device. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile, please use the blue continue the conversation link instead - and tell me what else I can do for you to improve my rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i already installed the app and it its saying the app isnt compatible!

Its ok, thats no problem - you can still do it manually:

1. Open the Settings App
  2. Choose Applications
  3. Choose Manage Applications
  4. Tap on the app you want to move
  5. Choose "Move to SD"

Please remember I am only credited for my answer if you rate me with "Ok Service" or higher. You are rating My Service - not this website or the quality of your device. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile, please use the blue continue the conversation link instead - and