Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

how to open .jar and .tar files on android phone?

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

Are you trying to open Cell Control (Bloover) on the phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am and having a hard time with this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have you installed this on your phone and if so can you provide me step by step installation do have success?
You're not going to like this... but its the truth none the less, so its what you deserve so all I ask is that you remember you are rating my service and thoroughness, and not your satisfaction with any other company or product. I pride myself on the integrity and thoroughness of my answers (as my 100% positive rating will attest to), so I can only offer you this honest answer...

It's NOT as easy as just converting those files and installing them on an Android phone. Cell Control (also known as Bloover and Watch Me), along with a few other spyware companies have a habit of telling their customers that its as easy as a simple file conversion just to get a sale. They also are very good with pre sales support to convince you to buy it and promise you it will work fine once you convert it with no problem.

You can't just convert a jar or tar file to an apk(an apk is an installation file for Android), and Android does NOT run or install jar or tar files. It has to be compiled for Android. Android's java library doesn't have all the swing stuff that's in normal java, so the app would have to be completely re-written to work on android and it has not been.

There's a reason they(Cell Control / Bloover / WatchMe / etc.) dont just convert the files themselves and sell the apk file. The reason they dont just convert it and sell it themselves is they know it doesn't work after conversion and that the entire app/software needs to be rewritten. Think about it, if it could be converted, they would do it and just sell you the APK file. They simply want you to buy the program, once they sell it to you they dont care if it works or not. If you want to verify what I am telling you, Google the term "Cell Control Scam" or "Cell Control Rip Off"

There is a company called "UpOnTek" (upontek.com) that if you send them the jar/java files they will send you back an APK file for you Android device, but I have yet to meet someone who has said it was successful. It's not guaranteed to work at all after you get it back, and I don't even recommend it, but I feel I should give you all options so I can say my answer was thorough.

Android is designed to thwart spyware, and to not allow it which is why you won't find any of the spyware companies selling you Android files directly.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me with "Ok Service" or higher. You are rating My Service - not this website or the quality of your device. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile, please use the blue continue the conversation link instead - and tell me what else I can do for you to improve my rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, so basically this software cannot be used on android phone. Are Iphones, blackberry and windows phones the same result? Your information was very helpful.
Correct, you cannot use it on your Android Frown. Basically, any "new" phone OS (iOS, Blackberry, or new Windows Phones) will not allow it to run.

That software was designed to run on older Java based phones, like the old Nokias, etc. Any new phone which has a complete operating system (any new smartphone) will reject it and will in no way run it. The new phones are far more secure than any older phone.

Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team