Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

My Samsung Galaxy S2 won't turn on or charge up

Customer Question

hi,i have a samsung galaxy s2 that wont turn on,charge up and is not recognised through the usb port. I have tried all the modes of starting the device, Volume down then power but never see any activity. The phone off battery charging indicator alos now does not appear anymore. Last night i saw a battery indicator with phone off that was alternating green and no color. The battery voltage measured at 4.17 Volt with a Fluke DMM. It is completely dead! What now? I suspect some sort of hw failure?

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.

Please try to hard reboot your phone as follow:

1. Turn off the phone. Or take battery out and put it back in.

2. Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.

3. Release all buttons when Logo comes up.

4. You will see the menu options:

5. Select Reboot system now. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Home button)

6. Your phone should reboot normally.

Please let me know if you can get to the Recovery menu to reboot or still no displays at all. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have tried steps 1 and 2. No Logo or anything else appears.(nothing displayed). I do not get to the Recovery Menu of CWM. There are no indication of booting actions taking place.

I have also tried Volume down+Home+Power boot without any screen display.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.

Please do the reboot again. This time after put the battery back in, please connect your phone to power charger. Do the combo to see if you will get any display.

If not, connect charger for 15 minutes, do the combo again. Thank you!