Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

hi,i have a samsung galaxy s2 that wont turn on,charge up and

Customer Question

hi,i have a samsung galaxy s2 that wont turn on,charge up and is not recognised through the usb port. I have tried all the modes of starting the device, Volume down then power but never see any activity. The phone off battery charging indicator alos now does not appear anymore.
Last night i saw a battery indicator with phone off that was alternating green and no color. The battery voltage measured at 4.17 Volt with a Fluke DMM.
It is completely dead!
What now? I suspect some sort of hw failure?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome,

My name is Nick. I will assist you with your Android issues.

Please try to hard reboot your phone as follow:

1. Turn off the phone. Or take battery out and put it back in.

2. Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.

3. Release all buttons when Logo comes up.

4. You will see the menu options:

5. Select Reboot system now. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Home button)

6. Your phone should reboot normally.

Please let me know if you can get to the Recovery menu to reboot or still no displays at all. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried steps 1 and 2. No Logo or anything else appears.(nothing displayed). I do not get to the Recovery Menu of CWM. There are no indication of booting actions taking place.

I have also tried Volume down+Home+Power boot without any screen display.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Nico.

Please do the reboot again. This time after put the battery back in, please connect your phone to power charger. Do the combo to see if you will get any display.

If not, connect charger for 15 minutes, do the combo again. Thank you!
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Nico,

I notice that you did not view my answer. Did you receive my answer? If yes, did my answer work out?

If it worked out, please rate my answer 3 or more rating so I can get credit.

If my answer did not work OR you have any issues viewing my answer or Info Request, please reply to me and let me know.

Thank you!

Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Your response to try to solve my problem was addressing all the steps that I have indicated before that I have already tried. So why pay R124 for responses that I have already done. There is enough written in many forums in the Internet that helped me to solve my problem.

I did not get any satisfaction from your answers.

I am not happy that I have wasted R124 on using this service.

I will not make use of it again or recommend it to anybody!

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your update.

Let me reopen your quesiton to all experts for other suggestions.
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!