Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

my galaxy tab wont connect to the google play store...says

my galaxy tab wont connect to the google play store...says i cant connect to the server...retry....over and over again. then i tried to add a google account in the settings and it gave me a server error message. My internet connection is fine i am on it right now...what do i do
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved ! Please Remember that when you are asked to rate my answer, you are rating My Service and not the site itself, or your frustration with your device.

If you open your Gmail app, does it work ok?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no..anything google says no connection

Ok, if you open the Setting App - choose Accounts & Sync - make sure Background Data is enabled if available, as well as Auto-Sync. Now tap on your Google Account in that list and enable everything.

Now reboot the phone and try Gmail again. If that doesnt work, we will take other steps.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me with "Ok Service" or higher. You are rating My Service - not this website or the quality of your device. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile, please use the blue continue the conversation link instead - and tell me what else I can do for you to improve my rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i tried that and still nothing how do i restore the connection. if i go to the google play store through my browser it will open then but any app i download says its installed but i cant find them anywhere but there doesnt seem to be any access to anything google straight from the device's home screen or apps screen

Ok, follow these steps and it should resolve it then. The issue is corrupt data, and depending on how bad/deep it is this will resolve it(and if not, we have one last step to take).

1. Open the Settings App
  2. Choose Applications
  3. Choose Manage Applications
  4. Tap on the All Tab at the top
  5. Locate and tap on the Google Services Framework app
  6. Tap on the Clear Data button (your devices data will not be deleted, only the data in this app)
  7. Tap on the OK button to confirm.
  8. Reboot the device (turn it completely off and back on)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still no connection at gmail or app store or anything google...im on my tablet right now and evrything else works but the google connection
Well, that means the data corruption has leaked all the way to a kernel level, and is effecting everything. This very rarely happens, but seems to have in your case.

Unfortunately you will have to perform a factory reset of the device to totally wipe that corrupt data, but its not as bad as it sounds.

As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again as long as you sign in with the same Google/Gmail account (as long as they were synced previously). Any apps you have paid for, you can get back after you reset the device by opening the Market, pressing Menu on the phone and choosing "My Apps".

As far as any data that is stored on the SD Card(images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.

To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions:

Open the Settings App
Choose Privacy
Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me with "Ok Service" or higher. You are rating My Service - not this website or the quality of your device. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile, please use the blue continue the conversation link instead - and tell me what else I can do for you to improve my rating
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i tried to get there but its password XXXXX and i cant remember the password XXXXX the life of me...is there anyway around that
Yes, but I need to know exactly which model Galaxy Tab you have? Do you know the model number?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
GT-P7510
There are a couple methods for this model, and only one will work - its hit or miss.

Try this first:

1. Press and hold the power button in until it shuts off completely.
  2. Hold down the Volume Down button then press the Power button. Hold them both until you see the Samsung logo, then release the power button but keep holding the volume down button.
  3. You will be presented with the service menu (two icons)
  4. Choose the one on the left (the one that is not the Downloading..." option) by highlighting it with the volume down button, then pressing the power button to select it.
  5. Now you will see the Recovery Menu
  6. Use the volume down button to choose Wipe Data / Factory Reset
  7. Press the Power button to select the option
  8. Confirm your choice and wait for the device to do the rest of the work.
  9. When the device reboots, follow the on screen instructions to setup your device.

If that doesnt work, try is this way:

1. With the device powered off, hold down the volume up rocker while pressing the power button. Next, release the power button on the Galaxy Tab splash screen. The download icon will be flashing, press the volume rocker up to select the Android+Box icon and the press the volume rocker down to select.

2. Using the volume rocker key, highlight wipe data/factory reset and press the power button.

3. Using the volume rocker key, highlight Yes- delete all user data and press the power key.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you are a badass...thank you

You are welcome, please dont forget to rate me positively or I am not credited for my time and assistance!

Have a great night ;)
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team