Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My Galaxy Tab 10.1 will not charge.

My Galaxy Tab 10.1 will not charge.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Are you getting any lights showing on the Tab at all when trying to charge?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. Green charge indicator. 30% charge. Hooked on computer there is a red x on the charge indicator although the battery icon looks like it's charging.
ok, a lot of the times the wrong plug adapter is being used. If you have a Samsung phone or similar are you 100% sure you are not using that plug adapter?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am using the plug adapter that came with the Galaxy Tab.
Thanks Ross

One last problem that can cause the issue before ruling that the battery has faulted is if you are using a power extension lead, or the plug is directly in the wall socket (and have you tried a different wall socket)?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. Changing socket was the first thing I tried. How can I test battery?
only by putting a different battery in sorry Ross

but we have ruled out all other causes of this issue.

It will either be the battery or the Tab's mainboard (that has shorted out).

I am really sorry but it will require that the device is repaired.

This is covered under warranty if one exists. If one does not, you can look into getting it repaired, but please get a pricing first once they diagnose the issue, as whilst repairs can be cheap, they can also be quite expensive depending on the part that has faulted.

The only way though to know if it is the Battery or Main Board will be to put a different battery in it. This will be done during the repair process.

I know you would like a quick solution on this, and I would love nothing better than to get you one, but it is going to need this repair done sorry.

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank You and I wish you all the best.