Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

I have a samsung galaxy note .. it has a green robot looking

I have a samsung galaxy note .. it has a green robot looking man on the front and it has come up with .... "downloading ... do not turn off target!!! ......... I canot turn the phone off .. can you help please
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Before we start, please let me explain how this service works:
Electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to solve your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not solve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record). Please use "Reply to Expert" or "Continue conversation" button instead.

When you are satisfied or your problem has been solved, please rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

•ANSWER•

Please follow the steps below:
1. Turn off your phone
2. Remove battery and SIM card (if you have SIM card in your phone)
3. Wait 5 minutes
4. Replace SIM card and battery but not SD card
5. Press and hold Power button for 20 seconds.

Check the picture below for instruction how to remove back cover - click here

If this solution doesn't work or you have any difficulties please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button.

Kind regards,
Toded
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you ... the back has been taken off the phone and all steps above done ... I then replaced the back with the original charger and back the phone came with turned phone off and then on again and it appears to work fine.

My husband replaced the back of the phone with a new back and charger (which he paid £65 for) this is to keep the charge on the phone longer he said ....... the original back was much easier to take on and off so I have no problem with that.

Finally, can you tell me what happened earlier when the "green robot type image appeared" .. with the wording underneath as I explained earlier .. the phone was frozen for around 30 minutes ... is this a bug of some kind or something usual I should expect with the galaxy note .. is it an update of some kind .. seemed a bit out of the ordinary to just appear like that

Hi Elaine Callaghan,

Thanks for the reply.

That was "download mode". When you press and hold volume down and power button (or Volume Down + Home + Power button) at the same time you will be prompted with download mode and info "downloading ... do not turn off target". Download mode allow you to flash software on the device. Samsung Galaxy note use combination of button to enter modes - download or recovery mode. Don't worry your phone is perfectly fine.

If you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button.

If you are satisfied with my personal service please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

Thanks!
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.