Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

How do I fix the problem: "Samsung Push Service (process.com.sec.spp.push)

How do I fix the problem: "Samsung Push Service (process.com.sec.spp.push) Has Stopped Working Please Try Again" which appears to prevent all my setting and contact details from loading when the phone is turned on.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Are you able to access anything on the device? Or it stops you from doing anything (ie going to settings) as the error always appears?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Most of the applications will load, but after a short while the message as mentioned earlier but with a different file name given appears and then the application stops working.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX rooted the phone (if you have no idea what that means than that will be a no)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no ?
Thanks

Can you go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications.

Press All so that all the applications are listed.

Look for Google Services Framework and press on it

Press Clear Data

than remove the battery and wait 5 minutes.

Put the battery back in and turn on the phone and the error should not appear.

If it does, please let me know.

In advance, Thanks for giving a positive rating! Ratings are how I receive credit for helping you today.

If you need further assistance for this problem before or after rating feel free to ask a follow up and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The above has not worked and most of the applications are still not working the following message is shown in all cases:

"The application *application name* (process.*file details*.) has stopped working. Please Try Again. Force Close"

Regards Pete

ok, ca you tell me the make and model of the phone please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Samsung Galaxy S GT-19000

Thank You

We will have to reload the operating system as the core service files have become corrupted.

Unfortunately this will mean that the data on the phone will be wiped but there is no way to avoid this sorry.

What we will be doing is a factory reset. It is going to return the phone to the state it was in when you first received it.

The process to do this is as follows.

Take out and insert the battery
press and hold VOLUME up + Home Button (big middle button)
Keep Power Button Pressed for 4 Seconds[important]
Still KEEP Volume up & Home Button Pressed

Phone will Start In RECOVERY MODE
Scroll down using volume down button to " wipe data/factory reset"
Press the Home button to select
now scroll to "yes Delete All user Data" to confirm
Press Home Button.

The reset will than commence and when it is completed the phone will restart as new and should than be in working order.

If you have any difficulties at all, please let me know Before Rating My Service.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much for you help, not the solution I was hoping for, but the phone is now working.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help, not the solution I was hoping for, but the phone is now working.

Best Wishes

Regards