Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Is there anyway to retrieve text messages that have been deleted

Is there anyway to retrieve text messages that have been deleted on my motorola milestone?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Can you tell me who your Cell provider is? eg: AT&T?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Pioneer cellular service
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
pioneer cellular
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I havnt received an answer yet.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
The SMS messages are stored on the SIM card on your phone (not on the phone itself).

To retrieve deleted SMS messages the first thing you need to do is stop any sending and receiving of SMS's) The reason is that the deleted SMS messages are still on the SIM card, but if they are overwritten with a new message, then they are gone for good.

You will then need to buy this SIM USB reader so that your SMS messages can be read by a computer

http://www.dekart.com/products/hardware/sim_card_reader/

You put the SIM card into this reader and put it into a computer.

You will then use the dekart program Sim Manager

http://www.dekart.com/products/card_management/sim_manager/

It will retrieve deleted SMS messages on the SIM that have not yet been overwritten. They will then be available on your computer

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.
Richard, Android Specialist
Experience: Android Systems Specialist