Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

Samsung Galaxy S3 stating "Unfortunately Messaging has sto

Customer Question

Samsung Galaxy S3 stating "Unfortunately Messaging has stopped"
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Eric and I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
! Please Remember that when you are asked to rate my answer, you are rating My Service and not the site itself, or your frustration with your device.

OK, lets see if we can fix that for you without too much trouble!
The problem is being caused by corrupt data, and as long as its not at a system level(which we can fix but its more of a pain to do) then following these instructions will resolve it for you.
  1. Open the Settings App
  2. Choose Apps
  3. Tap on the All Tab at the top
  4. Locate and tap on the app
  5. Tap on the Clear Data button (your devices data will not be deleted, only the data in this app)
  6. Tap on the OK button to confirm.
  7. Reboot the device

This will clear out the corrupt data that is causing the force stop of the app and preventing it from running correctly.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me with "Ok Service" or higher. You are rating My Service - not this website or the quality of your device. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile, please use the blue continue the conversation link instead - and tell me what else I can do for you to improve my rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The instructions you give are not correct. Once you select Settings in Apps there is no further Apps to select
That just means your device hasn't updated yet

Register Here
.

You still need the old directions:

1. Open the Settings App
  2. Choose Applications
  3. Choose Manage Applications
  4. Tap on the All Tab at the top
  5. Locate and tap on the Messaging app
  6. Tap on the Clear Data button (your devices data will not be deleted, only the data in this app)
  7. Tap on the OK button to confirm.
  8. Reboot the device (turn it completely off and back on)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You have tried your best but it is obviously not good enough to solve the problem. Could I have a refund of my payment now please?