Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric , Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

i need to know how to unlock a verizon samsung sch-i405 to

Customer Question

i need to know how to unlock a verizon samsung sch-i405 to be able to use with a different carrier
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 4 years ago.
Welcome!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

What is the name of new provider you want to use?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i want to unlock my verizon samsung stratosphere sch-i405 to make it able to use on simple mobile network
Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for the reply.

The answer to your question isn't going to be what you want to hear, so please don't shoot the messenger.

Verizon and "simple" GSM network are operating on two incompatible networks. T-Mobile/AT&T/TracFone/NET10/Straight Talk uses GSM, while Verzion uses CDMA. This means that a Verzion phone cannot ever connect to the GSM network, and vice-versa.

If you wish to switch from Verizon to the GSM network you will need to buy another phone that supports GSM. Cricket, Boost, MetroPCS and Sprint provider also use CDMA standard like Verizon. If you want to use their service you will be able to unlock your phone (if yes, you will need to contact their customer service to apply for unlock service).

Also Verizon phones doesn't use SIM cards and there is no slot for SIM card (if you have slot for SIM card that's for LTE network not GSM).
GSM networks operates with SIM cards and to use the network you will need to have a phone that supports them.

If you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button.

If you are satisfied with my service/help please rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the phone is a verizon phone and it takes a micro sim card and simple mobile does offer one.
Jasmine, let me open your question, so other Professional can try to assist you. As soon as another Professional is available he will contact you. You will receive an email notification when an Professional replies to you.

Thanks for using our service.
Expert:  Gina King replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!