Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.

How to unlock Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet?

I forgot the pass word to my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet. How do I unlock it?

To unlock your tablet, you will have to perform a factory/hard reset of the device.

Performing a hard reset will DELETE ALL DATA from internal device storage and reset the tablet back to the state before you turned on the device for the first time. Resetting the tablet does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your SD memory card, such as music or photos.

To perform factory/hard reset please follow those steps:
1. Turn the power off.
2. Press and Hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
3. When the start up screen show (Samsung logo displays on the screen), release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset", select with Power button
5. Select "wipe data/factory reset"
6. Select "Yes -- delete all user data"
* Allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to complete.
7. Select "reboot system now"
* Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I tried a few more times now I have a picture of an android that says "Downloading....Do not turn off target!!

Thanks for the reply.

Please check the picture below - click here

Do you have the same on your screen?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I had that picture. Now it's just the android with "Downloading......Do not turn off target!!

Press and hold both buttons again, when you get the screen with those two option (picture from the previous message) use Volume buttons to select the left option (open box with yellow arrow).

When you select that option press Power button and you will be prompted to the recovery menu.

"Downloading....Do not turn off target" means that you have entered download mode (the right option - green Android icon). Don't worry, just perform the steps again and select the left option to enter recovery mode.

If you have any difficulties or you are not sure what to do in any of the steps please let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was able to unlock my tablet.

Thank you. All the best,