Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

how do I bypass a pattern lock on an LG OPtimus Q phone? I

how do I bypass a pattern lock on an LG OPtimus Q phone? I can't get it unlocked no matter how many times I have tried my pattern!
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved ! Please Remember that when you are asked to rate my answer, you are rating My Service and not the site itself.

Unfortunately you will have to perform a factory reset of the device. This is the only way to get access to the device again, but its not as bad as it sounds.

As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again as long as you sign in with the same Google/Gmail account (as long as they were synced previously). Any apps you have paid for, you can get back after you reset the device by opening the Market, pressing Menu on the phone and choosing "My Apps".

As far as any data that is stored on the SD Card(images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.

To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions:

1. Turn it off, remove the battery out and reinsert it back again
2. Hold the Home and Volume Down button
3. Press and hold the Power button until it turns on again
4. Just follow the on-screen procedures to reset the phone. You want to choose either "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" or "Clear Storage" - whichever is listed for you.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me with "Ok Service" or higher. You are rating My Service. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile, please use the blue continue the conversation link instead - and tell me what else I can do for you to improve my rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have already tried that and it worked now I can't no anything with the phone at all, says cannot connect to server Netowrk error and the like I can't sync anything either

Ok, unfortunately that actually has something to do with your SIM card and the connection to your carriers servers. A reset should not have done anything to your SIM card, but it is possible that a setting that was manually placed when the phone was activated for you has been erased. If thats the case, you will need to walk it into a carrier location and have them activate the device again Frown.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me with "Ok Service" or higher. You are rating My Service - not this website or your device's quality. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile, please use the blue continue the conversation link instead - and tell me what else I can do for you to improve my rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The optimus Q does not have a sim card the model is the L55C
Ahh, well the L55 model does . My mistake for not clarifying with you which one you had.

Are you able to connect to wifi? Can you make phone calls? If you open the browser app, what happens?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can't connect to WiFi I can't add my gmail account I can't sync I ca't call or text These phone are new to the market. The service tech tried telling me to update my PRL and profile and after pulling the battery and replacing it I am still getting network error. I have no idea where to go from here and they want me to waint until tomorrow morning. this is my main phone
I was just going to ask you to update your PRL and Profile, as those are the ONLY options to renew a connection on a CDMA device (like putting in a new SIM card).

If you cannot connect to Wifi, then the issue may be hardware related, what happens when you try and connect to wifi?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It keeps saying it is trying to verify the connection. I'm sitting less than 3 feet from it. It will also say it's disabled or not in range. my connection is secured with wpa wpa2?States authenticating, then remembered but the lock icon doesn't disappear
If you know how to log into your router, try and disable security temporarily just to see if it will connect to an open network. If it will not, I suggest resetting the device again and then immediately after you reset it, update your PRL and Profile again and see if that works.

If that does not, then there is a more serious issue with the device not being able to connect to any wireless spectrum and it may be hardware related.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am having verizon open the router in the morning after a hard reset, trying what you suggest now

WOW IT WORKED!!!!!!

Now with the PRL and profile updated do I need to do firmware?
No, the issue was simply that after the reset the PRL was corrupt, and wouldn't update. Thats why a fresh reset followed by an immediate PRL & Profile update was able to resolve it. I am very happy to hear that its working! Yes, if you have a Firmware update, you should accept it - if not, its nothing you need to worry about, you will get notified if you have one.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me with "Ok Service" or higher. You are rating My Service - not this website or your device's quality.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Frankly you are awesome. It took you about 20 minutes to figure this out and I have been on the phone for HOURS with Straight talk tech support.. thanks again.. Well worth the $9
No problem - Glad I could help

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
.

Remember that feeling of happiness when you rate my service hahaha ;)