Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.

i forgot my screen lock password XXXXX my cellphone samsung galaxy

i forgot my screen lock password XXXXX my cellphone samsung galaxy s3 how can i retrieve it

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Before we start, please let me explain how this service works:
Electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to solve your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not solve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer bad or negative "Helped a little" or "I expected more". Please use "Reply to Expert" or "Continue conversation" button instead.

When you are satisfied or your problem has been solved, please rate my answer with 3 STARS or higher/Smiley face, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

To unlock your phone, you will have to perform a factory/hard reset of the device.

Performing a hard reset will DELETE ALL DATA and reset the phone back to the state before you turned on the phone for the first time. Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your SD memory card, such as music or photos.

To perform factory/hard reset please follow those steps:
1. Turn the power off. Remove and replace battery.
2. Press and Hold the Volume Up, Home and Power button.
3. When the start up screen show, release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset"
5. Select "wipe data/factory reset"
6. Select "Yes -- delete all user data"
* Allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to complete.
7. Select "reboot system now"
* Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

Please note that there is no other way to unlock your phone. The only way to unlock your phone is to perform hard reset or flashing the phone with specific tools and new software. Both ways will delete all data on the internal phone memory.

If you have any difficulties use "Reply to Expert" or "Continue conversation" button to let me know. Please do not rate my answer before we find solution for your problem.