Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418
Android Devices

My galaxy S2 "swipe to unlock" screen wont unlock. Ive taken

My galaxy S2 "swipe to... Show More
My galaxy S2 "swipe to unlock" screen won't unlock. I've taken the battery out and restarted it again with no success. I had just restarted the phone after an app froze. the phone has never been dropped or anything and everything has worked fine, except for a couple apps slowing or freezing from time to time.

How do I get the phone to turn on/unlock?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t worked or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer bad/negatively (First two left Stars/Faces/Ratings are Negatives) but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

It seems like the Android OS of your Galaxy S2 is corrupted. You can restore the phone to factory settings.That will fix the OS. Restoring will erase everything from your phone including Contacts, Files, Apps etc. But it won't delete anything from your SD Card.
  1. Turn off the phone and remove the battery. Wait 5 minutes and put it back
  2. Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
  3. Release all buttons when you see S2 Logo.
  4. Android system recovery will be loaded now
  5. Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Home button)
  6. Select Yes — delete all user data.

Let me know if that didn't worked, so we continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
You really think the OS is corrupted just because the unlock screen freezes? Isn't there some easy way to bypass the unlock screen? Or to restart in a different mode? The phone is on an operating, I just can't get past the screen! I'd hate to reinitialize unless that's the only option I have.
Yes...happened to my Dad's S2. Screen is not even sensitive to touch and had to do a complete reset.

Did you tried the soft-reset method ? If not, try it. Hold down the Power button for 20 seconds and this will soft-reset your S2. If that didn't worked, then you have to hard reset since you can't even access the phone's features.
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
OK, I took the battery out and restarted without the sim card. This time the screen unlocked, but without the card, not many other functions (I guess this is normal?) So I tried it again with the sim card in, and it wouldn't unlock, like before.

SIM is the problem ? Thats strange...Even if the SIM is out, your phone should work like normal (just without phone functions). Can you try different SIM ?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
I tried it again without the sim. At first the welcome/home screen looks OK, but then it goes blank. I scrolled down the notification bar, though, and checked gmail. The app opened to my mail, but then it crashed.

The home screen looked OK, but then it goes blank, too... It looks more and more like I need to do the hard reset...
Yeah..It seems like the whole software is crashed. If you had synced your S2 with your Google account, then hopefully the Contacts, Cals etc will be saved on the Google server and can be retrieved after resettings.

Also, you can redownload all purchased apps without paying for them again.

Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
OK, will do. I can connect to the documents with my usb so I'll try to copy anything over to my pc first... Thanks
Ok...
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
It's fine after the reset. Thanks.
You're welcome :)

If you like my service, please rate me 5 Stars/Faces or Great Service.

Best Regards,