Richard , Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

How to remove self from a group text message?

How do I delete myself from a group text message? I have an android charge phone.

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

To clarify, are these text messages that a friend is sending to you as part of a group message or from a particular company or service?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Text messages are from my daughter. She added me to a group text and I want to delete myself.

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

She needs to remove you from it on her phone. It is not a setting on your phone, as you are just the receiver. If she doesn't know how, ask her the type of phone she has and I can instruct. In the meantime, you can download Anti SMS SPam and Private box from the Play Store. This is an app that allows you to block text messages from a particular contact. You can search for it on the play store, or with your phone connected to your computer, download and install it here. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.baole.app.antismsspam

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She has iPhone

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

There is no Group Texting setting on the iPhone within the texting app. If she is using a special application, please let me know, else What she is doing is when she writes a message she is pressing the small + button and adding your number to the list. Inform her to stop this. The other reason is she has your number listed within the contact of one of her friends. Have her check her contacts and remove it when found. If you require any additional information, please let me know.