Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Why wont my samsung S3 charge? it says that its charging but

Why won't my samsung S3 charge? it says that its charging but the percentage isnt moving up, I've tried removing the battery and restarting the phone but nothing works
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

This can be caused by dust or dirt on the battery or phone contacts, or the battery / phone itself can be faulting.

Can you please remove the battery and inspect the contacts (these are the copper plates)

Even if they are clear, rub these with your finger as this can statically charge it which in some cases gets the battery working again.

If you still have the problem, then it will be a hardware fault with the battery or phone. You can determine which by going into the phone shop and asking to use a battery there for a test. If, with the new battery it is charging, then we know the battery is at fault and a new one will need to be received under warranty.

If the issue is still occurring when you try the temporary battery, then it will be the power module in the phone. This would need to be repaired under warranty.

This will be the only process to determine if the phone or battery is at fault. If this is the case, I am aware this is not the results you would like, and emphasis with you.

If there was a way to get this working to avoid a repair, I would happily tell you.

Before you give your rating I ask please that you note you are rating my service to you and receiving information on what the problem is and what needs to be done to solve this, not the end result.

Of course, if you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you and all the best
Richard, Android Specialist
Experience: Android Systems Specialist