Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

have samsung galaxy 5 gt15503t mobile which children have pattern

Customer Question

have samsung galaxy 5 gt15503t mobile which children have pattern locked, have been trying for days still no results have tried many solutions none worked
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  BeBoo replied 2 years ago.

BeBoo :

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, a third-party paid expert support site. My name is Brandon and I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

BeBoo :

If you cannot remember your pattern lock and you are not prompted for your Google account information, your only resolution would be to restore (as you have tried). What happened when you did this?

Customer :

I don't get the screen that let me reset back to factory reset it just goes back to the pattern again as soon as you switch back on

BeBoo :

Ok, press and hold the power button until the phone turns off. Once it is off, press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons. When you see the Samsung logo, let go of the power button but leave volume up pressed. You should get a menu. Use the arrow keys to change options and Home to select. Select the factory reset option.

Customer :

done this did not get anything other than samsung gt-15503t

BeBoo :

Sorry, I gave you the wrong key combo Power off the phone again. This time use Volume Up + Volume Down + Home (center button) + Power. Hold them all together. Once you see something on the screen, let go of the Power button but leave the others held until you see the recovery menu/.

Customer :

have done this and all i got on screen was triangle with andriod and i think shovel and underneath downloading but has been like that since1:35 so gave up holding vollume and home button

BeBoo :

Ok, so the screen looked like this?

Full Size Image

Customer :

no it is yellow and and grey and the android is in the triangle and he is black and seems to have arrow or shovel picking up something and the word downloading... is written under neath but nothing ever happens just stays on the screen

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Can you please so the following to perform the factory reset to remove the lock.

Switch the phone off. Hold volume UP and power button and home button (center button) simultaneously.

Release home button (and press again) while still holding volume up and power button. A boot up screen will pop up. Use volume keys to select (reset and restore) press home button to select.

Once reset and the phone starts up again it will still show locked. Get another phone to call your phone. as soon as you swipe answer press back key (arrow key) (you have to be quick) then the main home screen will come up. Press the left menu button and select settings and turn off pattern code then go to menu and factory reset the phone again.

If you have any difficulties, please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,
i'm still waiting to reply about the android screen sent answer yesterday and got no reply maybe someone eolse can help as phone is still locked and getting desperate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still waiting for reply
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there

Maybe you missed my message? I will repeat it for you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
tried all the suggestion none worked and still waiting for answer to my last message
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hello

I just need to confirm, did you get my last answer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have done all of these

have done this and all i got on screen was triangle with andriod and i think shovel and underneath downloading but has been like that since1:35 so

Customer :

gave up holding vollume and home button

hope this helps
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, but the process I requested was as follows

Did you do it this way?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry thought i had made it cleaarer for you but yes tried your response and got the android as well
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, sorry but I am not sure why this is not working

I will have to opt out for another expert