Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I HAVE A ZTE SCORE CRICKET PHONE AND IT WILL NOT TURN ALL THE

I HAVE A ZTE SCORE CRICKET PHONE AND IT WILL NOT TURN ALL THE WAY ON IT WON'T GET PAST THE START SCREEN WHICH IS THE MUSE MUSIC SCREEN
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

RichieMe :

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

RichieMe :

How long has this problem been occurring for?

Customer:

iT NEEDED TO BE CHARGED ON FRIDAY IN THE AM .PLUGGED IT IN AND TURNED IT ON AND THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN THE SAME SINCE.

RichieMe :

has the phone been dropped or hit hard recently?

Customer:

DROPPED IT THE OTHER DAY BUT IT WORKED FINE AFTERWARDS

RichieMe :

ok, but it might have damaged an internal component that took some time to start malfunctioning

RichieMe :

It will be one of two things wrong with the phone

Customer:

OKAY IS IT FIXABLE

RichieMe :

Either the operating system has corrupted, or the memory or an internal component is malfunctioning

RichieMe :

to rule out the operating system, I advise you to do a hard reset on the phone

RichieMe :

This is going to wipe all your data, but there is not going to be a way to access it anyway

RichieMe :

To reset the phone, please do the following

Customer:

RIGHT HAVE BEEN READING THAT

RichieMe :

1. Press Volume-Down Key, Camera Key, then power key. hold until ‘android system recovery’ screen shows up.

2. Press Menu Button to show to the ‘Android System Recovery Options’

3. Highlight “wipe data/factory reset” by Using Volume Down Button

4. to execute press the Camera key

5. On confirmation screen, select ‘Yes — delete all user data’.

6. Press Camera key to run factory reset.

7. Once the Data wipe is complete.

8. Highlight ‘Reboot System Now’.

9. Press Camera key to Execute

RichieMe :

If after doing this the phone will still not start up, then I am very sorry but you will need to have it replaced under warranty

Customer:

NOW IT JUST HAS THE ZTE IMAGE NOTHING ELSE NO MUSIC NO POWERING UP SCREEN.THE SD CHIP POPPED OUT WHEN i DID THIS

RichieMe :

ok, then it is an internal fault within the phone

RichieMe :

I am really sorry but you only have the option to have it repaired under warranty

Customer:

OKAY THANK YOU RICHIE FOR YOUR TIME.

RichieMe :

We have ruled out any possibility of this being caused by Software corruption

RichieMe :

Your very welcome

RichieMe :

Please remember to rate my service

RichieMe :

and I wish you all the best

Customer:

NO PROBLEM

RichieMe :

Thanks!

Richard, Android Specialist
Experience: Android Systems Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry I must have not done it correctly so I tried it a few more times .Persistance paid off because it worked .It powered on to the original screen.Thank you so much .Yes I am an idiot sometimes..You Richie should have 5 stars
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Good to hear!!!

Enjoy the working phone again :-)