Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist

How do I transfer songs from Windows Media player to my Kindle

How do I transfer songs from Windows Media player to my Kindle Fire
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

RichieMe :

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

RichieMe :

If you get a playback error, it means you have transferred the songs correctly, but they are in the wrong format or have DRM protection

RichieMe :

The Kindle can only play MP3 files, it is not capable of playing any other file format

RichieMe :

You will most likely have WMA files if coming from windows media player

RichieMe :

These will need to be converted and you can do so by using this Free online tool

RichieMe :

http://media.io/

RichieMe :

Once converted to MP3, transfer these files to the Kindle and they should then play

RichieMe :

If you have any difficulties, please do not hesitate to let me know

RichieMe :

and please remember to rate my service and take care

Customer:

I am analog in a digital world. So how exactly do I do this?

RichieMe :

ok, go to the website via the link I provided

RichieMe :

You will see the button Browse

RichieMe :

click this and then select your music file

RichieMe :

The format to select is MP3

RichieMe :

The quality is up to you

RichieMe :

Then click Convert and you will be able to download the converted music file once it is done

RichieMe :

With this file, transfer it to the Kindle like you did your other files

RichieMe :

and you will then be able to play it

RichieMe :

Let me know please how you go

Customer:

HOw do I select the file?

RichieMe :

You click the Browse button, then select it from where it is stored on your computer

Customer:

When I select the music file from my music on my computer all it does is open the file. Do I have to go through WMP??

RichieMe :

No, you need to please follow my instructions, these were Step By Step

RichieMe :

Should I repeat them again?

Customer:

when i go to the music file I select the album I want then hit open and it opens the file to the songs, how do I get it to the broweser?

RichieMe :

no

RichieMe :

You need to go to the website

RichieMe :

That I gave

RichieMe :

I wilol repeat my instructions again

RichieMe :

please follow them carefully

RichieMe :

ok, go to the website http://media.io/

5:56 AM

You will see the button Browse

5:57 AM

5:57 AM

The format to select is MP3

5:57 AM

The quality is up to you

5:57 AM

5:57 AM

5:58 AM

and you will then be able to play it

5:58 AM

Let me know please how you go

Customer:

There must be a miscommunication somewhere. When I am in the website, I hit the browse button, go to the music file on my computer, I click the album I select the open icon at the bottom, it opens the file, I hit open again, it opens the song, I hit open again it selects a song. I cannot get the file to go into the browser on the computer. What am I doing wrong? I don't find anything on my computer that says convert

RichieMe :

Its ok, just do it exactly this way

RichieMe :

Go to the website

RichieMe :

Press Browse

RichieMe :

A new window will open. Double click your music file in this new window

RichieMe :

It will close the new window

RichieMe :

Click MP3 and Click on the Quality

RichieMe :

You will then see the Convert button enable

RichieMe :

Click it please

Customer:

It doesnt close the new window and show up in the browser that 's the problem

RichieMe :

ok, it may be better to download and install a program to do this for you

RichieMe :

can you please use this link to download the program

RichieMe :

The download will begin automatically when you click on my link

RichieMe :

run the downloaded program. This will install it for you

RichieMe :

Then run the program and follow the instructions in the program to convert your files please

Richard, Android Specialist
Experience: Android Systems Specialist