Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

How do I reset my samsung Galaxy Ace. Have used to many patten

How do I reset my samsung Galaxy Ace. Have used to many patten tries and the phone is now locked. Do not remember my mail and password.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Can you please check at the back sticker under battery for phone model?
Remove the back cover and battery from your phone and look on the IMEI label. Your model number will be printed somewhere on this label.

What happened when you tried to perform procedure with holding home and power button?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model no is GT-S5830i

rated:3,7 V 1100 mA

SSN.-S5830iGSMH

FCC ID: A3LGTS5830I

When I hold the home and the power button the phone just returns to the page where it tells me I have tried to many pattens and wan't me to enter email and password.

Hi Evy,

Thanks for the reply.

Home and Power button are correct combination of buttons for resetting your phone. Please try to press and hold Home button first. After 5 seconds (while still holding Home button) press Power button. Keep holing buttons until screen shows up.

If that still doesn't work, please try to press and hold Menu and Power button at the same time.

Check the picture below to locate all buttons - click here

Please let me know if that works. If not, I'll provide you with the next step.

Do not accept my answer before we find solution for your problem.

Thanks for using JustAsnwer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Todd

It still doesn't work. I keep getting to the page where they tell me to unlock the phone using my email and password.

Thanks Evy.

Please follow this procedure step by step:

1. Turn off the phone. Remove battery and wait 20 seconds. Replace battery.
2. Press and hold Volume up + Home (center button) + Power button at the same time.
3. When first screen shows up do not release buttons. When second "Samsung Galaxy Ace" will shows up do not release buttons. Keep pressing buttons until you get to recovery menu.
4. Select "wipe data/factory reset"
5. Select "Yes -- delete all user data"
* Allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to complete.
6. Select "reboot system now"
* Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

Thanks for using JustAsnwer!
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Todd

It worked and I would like to rate you a smiley with Great service - but it is not possible. They tell me I have no access to the page.

Hey Evy, I'm glad that I could help.

I got notification that you already rated it - "Your customer rated: Great service".

Thanks for accepting. Take care.