Cris
Cris , Technician
Experience:  3yrs. experience with Android phone and tablets.
10156100

my kindle keeps turning itself on and off

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

It appears to be a glitch with the software on the device. Please try the following solution and let me know the outcome.

Try to force a reboot. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes and while still plugged in, slide and hold the switch for up to one minute or until you see the Kindle screen flicker, whichever is shorter. Allow 3 minutes afterward for the Kindle to reboot.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The slide does not show up. It stays on the screen that says kindle fire. Early the slide was showing up but before I could do anything, the screen would go back to kindle fire.
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, did not know it was a Kindle Fire please do the following:

Try to force a reboot. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes and while still plugged in,"press and hold" the power button for up to one minute or until you see the Kindle screen flicker, whichever is shorter. Allow 1-2 minutes afterward for the Kindle to reboot.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The kindle fire turned completely off. I held the power button but the screen did not flicker, it turned completely off. Am I supposed to turn it back on or does it come on by itself. It's been longer than 2 minutes.

Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
Did you have the Kindle connected to the power adapter?

Leave it charging for 5mins then leave on the charger and hold the power button for 1 minute.
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
Hi Cindy,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Cris