fbox
fbox, Engineer
Experience:  Experience in game, phone, android development and usage.

I cant reboot my samsung galaxy s, even after reset. Is there

Customer Question

I can't reboot my samsung galaxy s, even after reset. Is there a way I can access the memory and retrieve data before it goes to get fixed?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  fbox replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX X am here to assist you today.

Sorry to tell you if you already successfully done a factory reset then it wiped the onboard memory already. Anything saved on your sd card will be allright, and as long as you had a gmail account setup and had the backup assistant enabled itll return your contacts once you get it working again and use the same gmail account as the main login for google play and contacts.

If you don't accept I don't get paid for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so there's not even any kind of deep scan software, like you can use on pc's when you delete stuff?
Expert:  fbox replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried removing the sim card behind the battery when the battery is out. If factory resets are working dont know why it wouldnt reboot unless a firmware update failed. When you pull the battery pull the sim card also.

How are you clearing the cache if you cant get the phone to boot.

Yes there is some software that can do it, the same you would use for a pc, but you need to be able to access the internal storage of the phone via usb, which cant be done if phone is not booting up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clearing the cache is another option, same as the factory reset
Tried with sim card out ...
Had hoped that since I could turn the phone on even if I couldn't boot it up that I might still be able to run a deep scan of some sort :)
I don't know if clicking Accept Answer means you don't get this message, so I'm hitting reply ... but I don't have any more questions.
Thanks
Expert:  fbox replied 1 year ago.
Clearing the cache and a factory reset woul;d have cleared any items in memory that may have been left over. You can try to see if you can get in the folders on the phone and run a deepscan from download mode on the phone(what you use when you want to upload your own rom)

To Enter Download Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S:

• Switch your phone off. To confirm Remove the Battery.
  • Now Press and HOLD the following Keys in the same order: First Volume Down, Second Home Key, and Lastly The Power Button.
  • Keep the Buttons Held until you see the phone Light up, then Let go off the power button, but keep the Volume and Home Keys Pressed.
  • Once you see a Droid digging and the Test "DO NOT SWITCH OFF THE TARGET", Let go off all the buttons.

Once in download mode make sure you have the samsung drivers for pc.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/download/supportDownloadMain.do

Connect your phone to the pc. Once there see if you can see its contents via start icon --> computer --> will be listed under external storage devices. Double left click it to open its folder structure.

Next go to Recuva - Download

Download the Recuva program and install it "without the yahoo toolbar".

Once running recuva point to the phones drive or folder you wish to scan and scan it for deleted files, may or may not find, depends on how much the factory restore deleted and repartitioned.

fbox, Engineer
Experience: Experience in game, phone, android development and usage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Frederick, I've got Recuva ready to go, and will give that a try. Have a great day.
Expert:  fbox replied 1 year ago.
You to, thank you.