Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.

Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i USB connection problem!

Customer Question

Hello, my phone is a Samsung galaxy ace ve GT-S5830i.
I encountered a problem not so easy to solve apparently.
This is very similar to my problem but the solution described there does not help me.

http://blog.vacs.fr/index.php?post/2010/12/24/How-to-repair-the-USB-not-detected-problem-on-Android-Samsung-phones

The symptoms described in the link are basically the same. What happened was, I purchashed a new sd card inserted it into the phone, put on some data and then, after have first experienced some disconnecting of the sd card, and the rechecking of it, I got the message that the sd card is damaged, that I should try reformatting it.

So I thought, I should first transfer some files on my pc and then I will format it. the transfer began, everything went ok I pugged the micro usb cable in to the phone and enabled storage data transfer, and stated to copy, but then the usb connection dropped suddenly, the drive of the usb on my pc disappeared.

Then I tired to disconnect and reconnect the micro usb to my phone again but this time I got no notification (in the top pulldown notifications menu) of the plugging in the usb, so I couldn't get access to that screen where I can enable storage data transfer, and I also got no usb mini icon showing on the top of the phone screen.

Now when I pulg the micro usb into the phone all it does is charges the phone and does not nofity me of the any usb being plugged in :/

Please help me solve this issue.

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you today. I have several years of Professional Training and Hands On Experience under my belt and am dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible for your situation.

Here's how this works: We will go back and forth exchanging information about your problem until a proper diagnoses can be made. There is no extra charge for replying. In the rare case that your problem simply just can't be fixed, I will provide you with all of your options on how to move forward. Please remember that there isn't always a magic fix and that I am only compensated for my time helping you when you indicate that your satisfied with my efforts. Even after you've indicated that I've helped you, the question is never closed and I am available for follow up replies at anytime.

You don't need the drivers to get the computer to see the SD Card in the Phone. You can format the Card using the phone itself. The option is in the Settings under SD Card & Phone Storage. Unmount the SD Card then click Format. After it's done, try to connect it to the computer again and it should work.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already formatted the sd, we are dealing with another problem here.

It didn't help to format the sd or to change back to the old sd. I still don't see the phone asking me if I want to connect the data storage or just charge. I want to have this option available again, that's all.

Nevermind, I just fixed the problem, it was not my phone but it was my pc, looks like it just had to be rebooted... I noticed that it wouldn't recognize any usb flash drive either, so I rebooted it and now everything works as it should.

Thanks for your time!

Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Just wanted to be sure. Go ahead and export all of your contacts to your SD Card and do a factory reset. If that doesn't do the trick, try another Cable if you have one. If you don't you get one cheap here: http://www.amazon.com/GT-S5830-Charging-professional-outperforms-original/dp/9985743628. Their known to go bad. The cable has 4 wires in it. Ground, +5V, Data Ground, and Data. If one of the Data lines went bad, then it would still charge the phone but that's it. Let me know how it goes.
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay and that's great news! I wasn't aware that your other USB Drive's were doing the same thing or else a reboot to reinitialize their services would of definitely been stated. Have a great weekend my friend. :)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I didn't knew that too, I just noticed, or else I'd report that to you.
Have a nice day, and if I will need something in the future I will come to see you again :)
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.
Not a problem. I'm just glad that it's working now as are you I'm sure. Im online everyday if you ever need help again in the future and please remember to indicate that I helped you today. :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and pardon me, I just recieved your mail requesting me to accept the answer, that means that I should pay you 11 euros for a problem that I solved by myself?

Remember, the problem was my PC, I just had to restart it, I found out hours after, I don't know if you deleted my posts where I told you how I solved the problem or what... but you know that I replied to you differently than what the content of this reply page is currently showing.