Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I just bought the HTC Inspire 4G, unlocked, and will use it

I just bought the HTC Inspire 4G, unlocked, and will use it with Net10. Can you tell me how to edit the APN settings to add the settings that Net10 gave me so I can access the data capabilities of the HTC Inspire?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

RichieMe :

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

RichieMe :

You cant edit the Access Point, but create a new one and make it the default

RichieMe :

do you see the option to create a new one there?

Customer:

No, where is it?

RichieMe :

Go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names.....press the menu button on your home row (the appearance and position may vary depending on the phone...consult the user's manual if it's not obvious). You should now have the option to create a new APN.

Customer:

OK, I'm there now.

Customer:

RichieMe, are you still there?

RichieMe :

yes Im here

RichieMe :

sorry, did you enter the settings Net10 gave you?

Customer:

Yes, and then Net10 says that I should select the APN I just created and then delete the old APN from the phone if possible. I'm not sure how to select the APN and if I can or should delete the old APN.

RichieMe :

leave the old one

RichieMe :

just save the new one

Customer:

I don't want to mess this up. How do I save the new one?

RichieMe :

you added one?

RichieMe :

this is a new one

RichieMe :

how did it go?

Customer:

I entered the settings that Net10 gave me and that's as far as I have gone. I think I need to know at this point if there is something that I need to do to save these settings. Do I need to click on the 'not set' at the top and enter a password?

RichieMe :

yes, then it gets set as the default APN

RichieMe :

how did that go?

Customer:

OK, I'm checking to see if I can access my WiFi network. Everything seems OK. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX been patient and helpful. There does seem to be a problem with the feedback mechanism. When I clicked on reply it was a very long time before it seems to have been transmitted to you.

Customer:
RichieMe :

good to hear it is working

RichieMe :

please let me know if you need more information

RichieMe :

and please remember to click Accept and take care

Customer:

Will I get a copy of this in case I need to change it in the future? I will click Accept.

Customer:
RichieMe :

yes, it is in your emails as a link to this page

RichieMe :

this page never closes

Customer:

Thanks much.

Customer:
Richard, Android Specialist
Experience: Android Systems Specialist