Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I can only play games on my Kindle fire if I am go on the internet.

I can only play games on my Kindle fire if I am go on the internet. Previously I was able to play them with no internet connection. I have never had the Kindle connected to the internet because I do not have WiFi
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

RichieMe :

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

RichieMe :

Which games are you playing?

Customer:

Plants and Zombies, Pac Man, Angry Birds, Sudoko, Tetris

Customer:

Are you still thinking?

Customer:

Where are you?

RichieMe :

sorry about that, was waiting on your response

RichieMe :

How did you download these games originally?

Customer:

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to that question. My daughter downloaded them and she is not available.

RichieMe :

ah ok, I understand the problem

RichieMe :

the games need to update

RichieMe :

this happens at times, when the publishers need to add more code to the games

RichieMe :

what is the specific message you get?

Customer:

How do I do that? It says Internet Needed

Customer:

Please connect to the Internet to run this app.

RichieMe :

ok, thats the message I needed

RichieMe :

I am really sorry but they need to update

RichieMe :

this is why they are giving this message

RichieMe :

You will need to somehow connect to the internet and have these apps updated

RichieMe :

I know this is not ideal, and I apologies, but it is the only solution. Once they are updated

RichieMe :

you can play them again without internet

Customer:

Ok thank you. I hope this works.

RichieMe :

it will

RichieMe :

let me know if you need more information

RichieMe :

and please remember to click Accept and take care

Customer:

How do I connect to the internet if I haven't done this since I owned this Kindle

RichieMe :

you need to find a wifi point (maybe your Daughters?)

RichieMe :

then you can connect the Kindle to it to update the games

Customer:

OK thanks!

RichieMe :

she would have connected it to install the games

RichieMe :

your welcome!

Richard, Android Specialist
Experience: Android Systems Specialist