Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric , Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

How can I unlock my Motorola Droid Bionic xt875?

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

Unfortunately you will have to perform a factory reset of the device. This is the only way to get access to the device again, but its not as bad as it sounds.

As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again as long as you sign in with the same Google/Gmail account (as long as they were synced previously). Any apps you have paid for, you can get back after you reset the device by opening the Market, pressing Menu on the phone and choosing "My Apps".

As far as any data that is stored on the SD Card(images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.

To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions:
  1. Remove the battery.
  2. Replace the battery but do not power the device on.
  3. Hold down the Volume up and Volume down buttons, then press the Power button while still holding in the volume buttons.
  4. Your phone will boot into Fastboot mode.
  5. Use the Volume Down button to highlight the Android Recovery option
  6. Press the Volume Up button to select that choice
  7. Wait for a screen with an Android Figure and Triangle with an ! in it
  8. Press Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time and the Recovery menu will appear
  9. Press the Volume Down button to select wipe data/factory reset
  10. Press the Power button to select it
  11. Press the Volume Down button to confirm your choice
  12. When it completes, select reboot system now

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button(or the Smiley Face/Stars if prompted ) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you any more, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can you flash this phone to tmobile?
No, TMobile is a GSM Carrier and the Droid Bionic is a CDMA only device, so it will not work on other carriers.