Waitongu2
Waitongu2, Technician
Experience:  Member xda dev Samsung forums, owner 2 Galaxy S Gingerbread Root.
64043135

message process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher

I am getting the message process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher has stopped unexpectedly. I tried following some old advice I found here about re-setting the phone but that did not work. Help!

My phone is a Galaxy S.

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 2 years ago.

Waitongu2 :

Hello

Waitongu2 :

Lets try go to Settings>>Applications>>Manage Applications>>ALL>>Scroll down to TwLauncher and tap on clear cache

Waitongu2 :

the hit the home key and let me know what happens

Customer:
Customer:

It won't go to settings. I just get twlauncher message when I try to go the menu.

Waitongu2 :

mhh

Waitongu2 :

would you consider resseting the phone?

Customer:

Sure. I tried following some instructions that I found on this page to do just that and it didn't fix it, but I would be happy to try it again with your assistance.

Waitongu2 :

ok

Waitongu2 :

lets try this

Waitongu2 :

If that doesn't work, or if your phone is frozen:

1. Turn the power off. If your Samsung Galaxy S is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it

2. Hold the Volume Down button

3. Press and release the Power button

4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock

5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button

6. Press and release the Power button

7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Samsung Galaxy S. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

Customer:

I did step 1 and took out the battery just to be sure. Then I did steps two and three and I got that yellow triangle with the android guy digging and the words Downloading, Do not turn off Target!!!!

Waitongu2 :

mmhhhh

Waitongu2 :

Lets repeat steps 1 thru 3 and let me know if you get to step 4

Waitongu2 :

have a look at this

Customer:

I got the same result again and then I tried it a third time holding down both buttons, volume down and the other one next to it. Now I have four options:

Reboot system now

Customer:

apply sdcard:update.zip

wipe data/factory reset

Customer:

wipe cache partition

Waitongu2 :

Great! select Wipe data/fac~ with the volume button then it the power button to choose enter

Customer:

Okay. I got a white triangle with a yellow exclamation point in it, and the android guy standing next to it.

Waitongu2 :

is the phone doing anything?

Customer:

It does not seem to be.

Waitongu2 :

mmhhh

Waitongu2 :

lets try it one more time. with the 2 buttons

Customer:

Same thing again

Customer:

I hit the power key again in that mode and I got farther. It says all data will be wiped out and if I want to continue, press volume up. So I should press volume up?

Waitongu2 :

hit power again to confirm

Customer:

I guess I will lose all of my internal memory?

Waitongu2 :

anything on the card will not be lost

Waitongu2 :

in most cases it retains the photos and anything on the SDCARD

Customer:

I hit power up and it is rebooting.

Waitongu2 :

ok

Customer:

So it's now like a brand new phone I guess

Waitongu2 :

yes

Customer:

It seems to be working again. I've had it about eight months and it has been fine until today. I added the netflix app this morning, and after that is when this started. Maybe I won't add that app again.

Waitongu2 :

probably conflicted with another app

Customer:

Thank you for your help! I should press accept now?

Waitongu2 :

that would be nice :)

Customer:
Customer:

I am about to do that. Thank you!!!!!

Customer:
Waitongu2, Technician
Experience: Member xda dev Samsung forums, owner 2 Galaxy S Gingerbread Root.