Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I can no longer get on the internet with my Kindle Fire. I

I can no longer get on the internet with my Kindle Fire. I use to when I first got it. Is there anything I can do to get it back?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

RichieMe :

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

RichieMe :

1. Tap the Quick Settings icon (the Gear wheel) in the top right hand corner of the Home screen.

2. Select Wi-Fi.

3. Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.

RichieMe :

If it is on already

RichieMe :

Tap the name of your network to connect to it

RichieMe :

once connect, test if you can get onto the internet please

RichieMe :

If you have any difficulties, please let me know

RichieMe :

and please remember to click Accept and take care

Customer:

When I tap the web it goes back to my home page.

RichieMe :

ok, did you see my instructions?

Customer:

Says its scanning then quits

RichieMe :

sorry, I am still not clear

RichieMe :

did you follow my instructions, at least to the point of

RichieMe :

2. Select Wi-Fi.

RichieMe :

was it On?

Customer:

When i have the kindle on & hit the search button it will go to places i have been before. when i touch, say facebook, it will go back to the home page. yes the wi-fi is on.

RichieMe :

ok, do the following please

RichieMe :

Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Release and press again.

RichieMe :

once it has started up again, can you test if you can then access the internet please

Customer:

No, its doing the same thing.

RichieMe :

ok, From Home page go to "Web". At the bottom, tap on the little square with 3 lines. This will open your web settings. Go to the bottom and choose "Reset to default".

RichieMe :

Then test please

Customer:

when i hit the web button it goes back to the home page, so i don't see the little square with three lines.

RichieMe :

are you able to go to web browser and go to menu, go to setting were there you will find a small list then

• Select Clear all cookie data, Clear cache or Clear history , it will ask you for confirmation click ok to proceed. Perform these steps every couple of months or whenever your browser seems slow.

Customer:

when i hit my apps like facebook it goes right back to my apps. it never goes to the web so i can't go to the menu for settings.

RichieMe :

so even when you tab Web

RichieMe :

you cannot get to the menu button at the bottom of the screen?

Customer:

no i can not.

RichieMe :

ok, then I think we should Factory Reset the device

RichieMe :

this is going to clear all your data, and return the Kindle to new

RichieMe :

you still will be able to redownload your purchased apps

RichieMe :

is this a problem?

Customer:

i seen that, as long as i can get everything back.

RichieMe :

you can

RichieMe :

as it is linked to your Account not the actual device

RichieMe :

to do this

RichieMe :

Tap the settings gear in the upper-right corner, then tap More

RichieMe :

Tap Device.

RichieMe :

Select Reset to Factory Defaults.

RichieMe :

Select Erase everything to confirm that you would like to erase all data and settings from the Kindle Fire.

RichieMe :

when done, connect to your wireless again and it will then get you back onto the Web

Customer:

i'm doing that now.

RichieMe :

thanks

Customer:

that worked,but i lost all the games which i can download again. thanks for your help.

RichieMe :

your welcome

RichieMe :

please remember to click Accept

RichieMe :

and take care

Customer:

thanks again.

Richard, Android Specialist
Experience: Android Systems Specialist