Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

How can I recover text messages deleted from my Samsung Ca

How can I recover text messages deleted from my Samsung Capitavate?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

If they are truly deleted and not just "missing", then I am afraid you wont be able to restore them. Smartphones (Android, iPhone, etc.) work different from computers - when a file is deleted it isn't stored in the "trash" where you can "undelete" it. Once its deleted, the memory is used to write new data and it cannot be undone.

However, there is a chance its not actually deleted. Open the Play Store app and install a free app called GO SMS Pro. Once you install it, open the app and it will scan your device for any text message files and load them. if it doesnt find the ones you are missing, then unfortunately they are gone.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button(or the Smiley Face if prompted ) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you any more, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This didn't work, Eric. What should I try now?

As I mentioned, "Once you install it, open the app and it will scan your device for any text message files and load them. If it doesnt find the ones you are missing, then unfortunately they are gone."

I am afraid once they are actually deleted, they are gone. I wish there was more we could do. I pride myself on resolving all my customers issues (as my 100% positive rating will attest to) but sometimes, gone is just gone.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it possible for someone to access those text messages & delete them without having the cellphone?

No, they would need physical access to the phone (phone in hand, so to say).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How hard is it to delete text messages?

It takes about 10 seconds. You just open the Messaging app, press and hold your finger on the conversation in the list that you want to delete and choose delete from the menu that pops up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How about deleting ALL of the text messages? Do they have to be done individually?

Depends on the app. Some Text apps allow you to "multi-select" messages, and them delete them all in one motion, so yes, that is possible.

Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team