Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

what are "lost dir." files? can I delete them??

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 4 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

The lost.dir folder is a system folder. Its a place where the Android OS places files that are recovered during a system boot up (when you turn on the device). If you were saving files and suddenly the phone shut off, or maybe you pull the SD card while files are being written to it - the system places copies of those files there so it can try and recover them on the next boot. You normally wont find anything there at all.

It is ok to delete whatever is there, and you can delete the folder as well - however it will be recreated by the system next time you turn on the phone.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button(or the Smiley Face if prompted ) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you any more, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!