My motorola xoom has locked up. When holding down the volume up button and power button simultaneously for 20 seconds I get the following message:Starting RSD protocol support 0One Wire: Charger is not connected or battery is not being charged...Battery charge level: 64%
Depressing the volume up and power button at the same time. Worked in the past but not this time.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.My name is XXXX XXX I will assist you with your Android issues.Turn off your Xoom tablet, then press Power to turn it on.
2. When the lLogo appears, press and hold the Volume Down button until you see some text at upper-left corner of the screen.
3. Press Volume Up. The Android logo should appear with a yellow triangle.
4. Press and hold the Power button, then press Volume Up.
5. Select Fastboot and select Reboot.
6. Your tablet should reboot normally.
Please let me know if this worked out for you. Thank you.
.If I could turn my Motorola Xoom off it would not be froze up.
Please press and hold Volume Up and Power button for 5 seconds. Release the buttons. See if the tablet will reboot.
I have already done that 20+ times and it is NOT rebooting. I am going to plug it in and see if it will allow me to soft boot after it gets to 100% power.
Please do the soft reset while charging. Or just press and hold the Power button only for 20 seconds or until you get it to turn off. Then do the Combo reset. Thanks.
Held the power down for 30 seconds and it still didn't turn off. Soft reset did not work either. What is a Combo reset?Sorry, getting very frustrated here.
Here is the combo reset. But it would need to turn the tablet off first.1. Turn off your Xoom tablet, then press Power to turn it on.
2. When the logo appears, press and hold the Volume Down button until you see some text at upper-left corner of the screen.
I am just going to give up. We are going in circles and nothing is working.Thank you for trying.
It's best is to let the power drain. Then charge it up and do the combo reset.