Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

Hard Reset for Cricket Kyocera M6000 (Zio)

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 4 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Eric and I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

You can do it, but you need to do it manually. First go here and download the Android SDK. Download the exe file so you can install it. After it installs, follow these steps:

1. Open up a blank command prompt window (in teh search box on your Start Button on the PC type in cmd and hit enter)
  2. Type in cd c:/android-sdk-windows then hit enter
  3. Type cd platform-tools and hit enter (these commands should match up with the directory that the Android SDK installed on your PC)
  4. Now boot up your phone into usb fastboot mode by starting with it powered off, hold volume up, end, trackball and power.
  5. You should see some text on the screen with "USB Fastboot Mode" at the top of the screen.
  6. Plug it into your computer using the USB cable.
  7. Back at the command prompt window type fastboot -w
  8. This will erase the userdata and cache partitions and your phone will be factory reset. Once thats done it will give you a success message. Just type reboot into the command prompt window and you will be good to go.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button(or the Smiley Face if prompted

Register Here
) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you any more, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!